This is a version of a batter-style, gluten free bread modified from Gluten Free on a Shoestring. Simple to come together, flavourful and aromatic! Just the perfect pairing to a hot bowl of soup!
The only hard part is waiting for the bread to cool before slicing a piece.
Can't say we waited...
Gluten Free Cheese Bread
Prep Time: 5 mins
Proof Time: 1 hour 30 minutes (or until doubled in size)
Bake Time: 35 minutes in full sun, varies depending on cloud cover
Total Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
1. Pour milk into one of the non-stick cooking pan and warm in the cooker (20 mins). Option to use your microwave for this step.
2. Combine your dry ingredients in a bowl. Thoroughly mix the flour, xanthan gum, tapioca starch flour, instant yeast, baking soda and kosher salt together.
3. In the centre of the bowl, make a little well and add your warm milk, yogurt (or sour cream) honey, butter, and beaten egg.
4. Mix until well combined. Fold in cheese.
5. Cover and let rise. Depending on the temperature of your house and the weather, the dough may take longer or shorter to rise.
6. Once risen, shape into 3 mini loaves to fit into the non-stick cooking pans.
7. Top each loaf with extra cheese and place on the cooking tray and slide into the cooker. Bake until bread has a crispy exterior.
8. Remove the bread from the pans and let rest before serving.